POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Boat03 (102 Kb) : Re: WIP Boat03 (102 Kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:28:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Boat03 (102 Kb)
From: earthdog
Date: 25 Jan 2003 23:33:31
Message: <3e33651b$1@news.povray.org>
"Txemi Jendrix" <tji### [at] euskalnetnet> wrote in message
> HI all.
> It has been a busy week in Real Life (TM), but
> tonight I've been working again on the boat.
> I'll probably change the rudder (?) tomorrow.
> Horse and man comes from Poser (man is there to
> give a sense of scale, he is 1.70 mt tall).
> I'm going to sleep right now (uhh, 6:14 a.m.)
> Comments as always, are very welcome.
> Bye.
>
> Txemi Jendrix
> http://www.txemijendrix.com

The boat is great.  The horse makes a great "maidenhead".  One thing,
though.  Isn't it going to be rather hard to turn the paddles?  The
mechanical advantage (disadvantage?) of trying to turn the tiny paddle
sprocket with the large crank sprocket against the water resistance created
by the paddles themselves....